Sunday, July 22, 2012

This is...WHO I AM!

When I'm gone, you might remember things about me.  You might remember my love of Harley's, my woodworking knack, my humor...any one of a number of things.  But one thing you must never forget about me....is my culinary expertise.  Cooking is my life (as are many things, but its close to the top)

Today that expertise turned out the most incredible pork shoulder I can remember.  I started off the process last nite with rubbing an 8 pound shoulder with a mix of Bad Byron's Butt Rub and brown sugar.  I wrapped it in cling wrap and let it dry marinate overnite.  At 8:30 this morning I started the smoking process on my Weber grill with hickory chunks, and after 4 hours started to baste it with apple juice.  2 hours later I wrapped it in foil and left it on the grill for another couple hours, then removed it and let it rest for 1/2 hour on the counter.  You talk about the most tender and juicy, perfectly seasoned pork, with just the right amount of "bark" on the outside of the meat...OMG!  and of course it was accompanied by some great baked beans and my special potato salad.  I'd put a plate of this up against any BBQ i've had and with confidence know I had a winner.

So, this is who I am, for better or for worse...taking a second seat to none!

No comments:

Post a Comment