Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My New Toy

I've been thinking that owning an antique tractor might be kinda fun.  I finally got some antique plows bought for yard art in my front yard (just needed 1, sold the other for what I had in it!), and that "primed the pump" so to speak.  I started looking online for one and I came across a model just like this a month or so ago up in GayHawk-ville (Lawrence) KS, but dismissed it.
Then last weekend I went to Threshing Days at Goessel, and that re-lit the fire.  I had seen another tractor closer to me (in Ark City) that looked very nicely done and not too pricey.  I decided that the Funk Family Trust needed to own a tractor for mowing around the playhouse and doing some gravel grading...this little beauty would be/do just what the doctor ordered.  So I negotiated with the guy, quickly wired up some lights on my tiltbed trailer, and flew down to Ark City Sunday afternoon, wrote the man a check, and loaded her up.  For all you city folks, its a 1950 Allis Chalmers Model B Row Crop model with a 5' Woods belly mower, is about a 20 horsepower tractor and its about 90% restored...I will finish up the rest.  It will be used for the above mentioned as well as for grandkid rides and parade duty/antique tractor shows.  I think I've fallen in love with her...she's a pretty sweet ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment