Monday, November 15, 2010

...the weekend from Hell

i know i'm a bit of a drama queen, but i've just come thru an experience that i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. after apparently sustaining an injury to my back lat friday, i woke up saturday morning in excrutiating pain...i could barely walk, could not tie my shoes, was basically an invalid. luckily i had some leftover pain medication at home, so i took some and was even able to get out sat. afternoon to watch my son-in-law compete in an RC flying competition. but as evening came on, the pain returned...another pain pill. i fully expected to wake up sunday ready to go. i did get a decent nite's sleep, but sunday was about 85% as bad as saturday had been...another pain pill just to survive.

then came the worst...sunday nite. about 6:30p, i first started to experience anxiety attacks (ever been claustrophobic and got stuck in an elevator...HORROR!) after trying everything to get over them, i lay down in bed about 11pm with the lights on in the bedroom and the TV on (poor Nancy!) i dozed off & on till 1a, then it was just too much, so i spent the rest of the nite sitting on the couch watching reruns of weekend football and trying to stay awake?!!? morning finally came, and the attacks were back. finally Nancy gave me a Valium she had and that settled me down enough to go to work. i was abale to get into a chiropractor at 9am, and when he felt my lower back exclaimed..."yep, there is the problem" and when he pressed it back into placed there was such a pop it was "oh my" from him.

i realize now that i did a major injury to my big back muscles, as they are still quite sore after several icings. i also know that the trama to my back caused my night terrors to flare up in reaction to that injury(and i don't think the pain meds helped either). i was able to come home early from work (thanks, Schaben!) and get a couple hours of sleep this afternoon. i am hoping for a full nites sleep tonite. i am so thankful for a supportive wife...i am supposed to be her strength this week as she undergoes rotator cuff surgery Wed., and i'm the one thats the invalid!

No comments:

Post a Comment