Sunday, March 11, 2012

FANTASTIC PIZZA

Haven't done any blog posts on food lately...here's one finally!

Made an awesome pizza tonite...started with our usual pizza dough recipe, using some whole wheat flour. While that was rising I browned a whole pkg of brats with a generous teaspoon of minced garlic. Then I chopped 4 oz smoked ham, a fresh Roma tomato, 1/2 a large onion. I patted the dough onto a large pizza pan that I greased and sprinkled liberally with cornmeal. Here's the SECRET...I put about 2 TBSP of prepared mustard on my 1/2 of the pie, then the usual sauce. Next came the browned brats & ham, tomato, onion, 2 cans mushrooms, 1 can black olives (on my half), and finally mozarella cheese.

Baked at 410 degrees for 8 minutes, turned, and baked for 6 minutes more...Vunderbaa! Deliciouso magnific! I figured that what I put on my brat when I eat it traditionaly would be good on a pizza...mustard & onion, so there you go.

2 magnificient meals this weekend...I marinated a flat iron steak Friday nite for 24 hours in the Funk Family Steak marinade, and grilled it Saturday nite about 18 minutes to a nice medium/medium rare, then sliced it thin. Wow, was it tender and the beef flavor really came thru...was better than the ribeyes I've been grilling, and with NO fat!

Hint: listen to "Leaving Eden" by Brandon Heath sometime...its a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment