Tuesday, March 20, 2012

FUNKS HIBRID ARMS???

man oh man do i wish my baby-girl was here to
help me edit these pictures...they turned out
so dark and i don't know how to lighten them up
so you can see the detail.















Anyhow... this is my latest creation, a .223 Winchester toy rifle, all made of wood! I found
a couple of old crappy pieces of walnut in my
shed out back, and it came to be. Don't have any idea what else I could do with that stuff, so I sanded it smooth, found a couple of areas big enough for a gunstock, got my real rifle out, and traced the pattern on both. Gluing them together, cutting them to size, a bit of time on my newly-returned disk/belt sander, and there you go! I went up to the hardware store and got a brass slide bolt for the "action" on the rifle, as well as some dowels for the barrel and magazine.



A lot of rough sanding, a bunch of final sanding, and many coats of sealer & gloss varnish later, and I think I have a pretty nice toy rifle. Maybe I can shoot some lighter shots later that will show the gun better...we'll see. Now Sutton will have something really nice to play with when he gets older.


I haven't decided if I should add a scope or not...what do y'all think?




No comments:

Post a Comment