Tuesday, May 24, 2011

FIREWOOD WARMS YOU TWICE!

They say that "firewood warms you twice...once when you cut it, once when you burn it". Well, it definitely warmed me well done this last weekend. We were low on chimenea wood and with folks' house up for sale, my place to cut wood will be gone soon, so I went out on a nice, warm, humid mid-morning and cut down a dead hackberry tree. WHEW!!! was that a job...sweat about a ton! The wood was bigger diameter than I wanted, but my hope is my son coming home from Colorado this weekend will swing a splitting maul a bit for me/us.


Another inspiration for my woodcutting was that a week ago I went out with my chainsaw and cut the tree down...almost! It went down about halfway and got hung up in the overhead canopy...and then my chainsaw quit me! So I knew i had to get back there to bring down the "widow-maker" before someone else ventured down to the creek. Nancy was a huge help...she carried all the wood from down by the creek up to the lawn where the truck was parked and then loaded it all up after it was cut...couldn't have done it without here, thanks babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment