Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SUNDAY'S RECIPE- SMOKED SHOULDER

This is more of just a post than a recipe...a while back I printed my recipe for Rib Rub, which I used on these 2 pork shoulders. They were average size for shoulders (5-7lbs?) and I rubbed them down well Saturday evening, wrapped them in cling wrap, and put them in the fridge. Sunday morning I took them out about an hour before putting them on the smoker. They went from 8a till 1p on the hickory smoke, then I took them off, wrapped them tightly in foil, and they went into a 325 degree oven for 4 more hours. This is right out of the oven, after letting them rest 1/2 hour for the juice to re-absorb. I peeled off the fat cap and pulled the meat off, sprinkling more rib rub between layers of meat, which i put in our huge crockpot. All in attendance said the meat was GREAT!, with there being enough to feed 15-20 people with seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment