Sunday, November 20, 2011

More Fall Colors

Came across these pictures today in my file...thought I'd share them with y'all, even though the leaves are now pretty well all off the tree. We spent a lot of time yesterday blowing out bushes/vacuuming up a lot! of leaves.


Random thoughts: -bought 2 turkeys yesterday...a big 19+ lb bird for the Funk gathering next Sunday and a 12 lb'er for us, I LOVE turkey and its really cheap this time of year. Picked up a nice bone-in ham on sale to for eating sometime in the next month...wow, is our freezer full!




- overdid it yesterday working outside in the yard...I want so bad to be able to do the things I need to be doing(dealing with all the leaves, cutting down a Christmas tree, puting up new base moulding in the house, working on woodworking projects) but its really hard and very taxing on me with my right shoulder out of commission.




- I love my new mixer so much...just can't understand why I didn't buy one years ago! Making loaves of bread like crazy...got a lot of people that I want to bestow a loaf on.




-today is the last Sunday for our Sunday school class at Tabor Church, and I'm teaching. Its been very interesting and I'm going to miss it (both our parents believe we are going to join that church...I don't think so)




-my KSU Wildcats, a.k.a. the Cardiac Kids, pulled off another win last nite! makes us 9-2 for the season...after pre-season critics didn't give us a chance of going more than 6 and 6. Hats off to the kids...they never give up. Maybe the Cotton Bowl will send an invite??? SWEET!




-I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how thankful we are for our kids at this time of the year. Every one of them is so responsible, has found a good occupation to work/enjoy, loves their hobbies & pastimes, and loves the Lord! I am a very rich man indeed! And we can't forget our precious grandson...what a joy! Michael & Sara have found a house to make their home, we are so happy for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment