Monday, January 2, 2012

My Christmas Present finally is ready...

If you look real close, you can see that once upon a time Delta & Milwaukee were 1 company!

She' an oldie, but I think she's a goodie. I got several different tool rests, including a huge

double rest like I've never seen before. Also included was a drill chuck & a set of cheap chisels.



I replace the old wire of the 1/2 hp ball bearing motor and installed a switch at a handy spot! If you look real close, you can see the motor I mounted up underneath the work table...that was a job!


Here we are, all ready to go. Got my whetstone mounted up front to keep the tools sharp, and the safety goggles ready. I never took any lathe instruction in high school, so this will be a self-taught adventure I'm embarking on. Lathe work has recently pricked my interest, so I decided to dive in. And why not...I got the whole lathe, motor, tools and accessories for $150!







No comments:

Post a Comment