Sunday, October 31, 2010

SUNDAY'S RECIPE - EAT OUT!

I'm pretty well tapped out, so take yourself out for lunch/dinner today! Had a great! weekend putting on Judgement House, but it was physically taxing. Friday was up at 5:30a to start my day, work till 5:15p, buzz home and eat a quick bowl of chili, shower, and head for church, which went till after 10p.

I got to sleep in Sat. till 8a, then up and made myself the Deluxe Funk breakfast (basted eggs, hash browns, bacon, toast & o.j), then ran over to the store and bought a new 32" flat screen HD LCD tv. At 9:45a it was off to Goessel to attend my Uncle Rudy Schmidt's funeral and have a light lunch afterward. Got home at 1:30p, piddle a bit on a wood project, showered and off to church again at 2:30p for JH, which i got home from at 11p Sat. nite. I'm bushed!!!!!

So, I slept in today, had my coffee, our Sunday morning discussions about the upcoming week and Nancy's surgery, and I made "real food" for lunch...smothered baked pork chops, scalloped potatoes, and a fresh tossed salad....mmmmm! I also made a batch of homemade noodles this morning (cooking is my release/relaxation mechanism if you haven't guessed!) that i will be making into chicken noodle here pretty soon.

What a weekend!!! I got to meet Debbie, the real life mother of Hannah, the girl who the story is told of. She died Nov. 9 4 years ago, and our JH was a snapshot glimpse of the last 9 months of her life. Debbie flew all the way here from North Carolina at our request to join us for the last day of our drama, and wow, what a woman! She talked to each group that went thru (totally on her own idea) about losing her daughter, and talk about a Spirit-filled woman! She will be at our follow-up celebration today at 3pm at church...can't wait. I got a picture taken of me and her (i introduced myself to her as her "husband", which is the character I portrayed in scene 5), and we hugged and she asked for a picture...the cast got a laugh out of my comment! I have been truly blessed thru this last 2 weeks...what an adventure it was (and always is every year). PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment