Saturday, July 23, 2011

HOT, STUPID PROJECT


Well, it was a project that needs to be done. The
concrete pad that surrounded our well that was poured who knows how many years ago was
cracked and heaved up. I decided to demo the pad and straighten the edges, add edging, then backfill with sand, weed shield, and washed river
rock.







Nancy, being the wise one, tried to talk me out of doing this in the 107 degree heat we're having...but no, I am/was too bored/too dumb to just sit around doing nothing/staying inside/doing housework?!?!?! So I listened to her somewhat...I decided to just do the demo today and then do the rest of the project next weekend...or the next.






"Holy schmazoli" was that a hard, hot job...even at 6:30am! And don't you know, when I was just about done throwing the chunks into the wheelbarrow, I pulled a muscle in my right shoulder (was going to go on a scooter ride/poker run later this morning-that's out now!) Thank goodness my lovely wife helped me go unload the chunks out in the country! I guess I get to stay inside in the AC now anyhow...and help clean house(didn't gain a thing, huh!)

p.s.- thank goodness for painkillers

No comments:

Post a Comment