Thursday, August 19, 2010

HOLY COW! HOLY COW! HOLY COW!

what a week...it took me a whole 3 1/2 days before I got a compliment from management at my new job. (1 more than I ever got in 2 1/4 years at NTA).

The boss pulled me aside today totally out of the blue and told me "he appreciated the way I jumped into/tried to take care of things, whether I knew what to do or not". Yesterday, he said the lunchroom needed mopping, that we were having big wigs coming in an hour. I jumped up and volunteered...said I knew how to mop"the right way". And then today when an older farmer came in for a nurse trailer and everyone that knew how to handle that was busy, I jumped up anyway and, with a little help, was able to sell the guy what he wanted and get him on the road". then the receptionist chimed in that she appreciated the way I quickly answered sales calls. HOLY COW! maybe there is something in this old, tired, worn-out fat man that is still useable/valuable.

"For evil to flourish, all that is needed is for good people to do nothing" Edmund Burke

2 comments: